Friday, July 1, 2016

Life at Arusha (A-Town) Hostel


The sign hanging on the Arusha Hostel Gate 

I quickly adjusted to living at a hostel with Justin. Although I had fallen in love with him at first sight, we both tried to hide these feelings and be professional. Justin and Frank, two Tanzanians, operated Arusha Hostel. Frank, a wild, yet caring man with a love for vegetarian cooking, always treated me like a younger sister. New guests would arrive each day, but I felt more like a permanent resident, paying a lump sum for 3 months. The hostel felt like home. We cooked, laughed, danced, cleaned, read, and spent hours getting to know each other. Many nights Mtui and I would stay up talking until past midnight.  


Frank (left) and Mtui (right) 

Mtui cooking a delicious feast 

A typical meal at A-Town Hostel

                                                      Lots of laughter at A-Town Hostel  


Mtui the Chef 


No comments:

Post a Comment